See what I did there? Heehee. Having a crepe day.
Dunno about you, but tasty crepes really help get my day going when I’m not feeling quite like myself. Have a crepe for when you’re feeling crap, yeah?
To be honest, whether they are crepes, pancakes, or crumpets – I’d be happy. There is just something about being able to eat with your hands, and it’s light enough for one to feel the least amount of guilt when having a few at once.
And thankfully, there are different ways you can enjoy them. I generally deviate between these two:
You could also opt to have them with cinnamon sugar, but I’d rather have cinnamon and sugar in the batter and add other toppings. See how my gluttony works? Heehee.
Here’s a recipe I used to bring it all together:
1 cup flour
2 tbsp castor sugar
pinch of salt
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs until well combined.
- Slowly add the milk, along with the water – mixing well after each addition.
- Add the salt, butter, and sugar – beating until well-combined.
- Add the vanilla essence and cinnamon into the batter and mix.
- Warm up a pan on the stove at medium high heat, with a small amount of coconut oil. When the oil is melted, test the warmth by adding a teaspoon of the batter onto the pan and seeing if it starts to bubble or brown after about a 40 seconds. The pan is now ready for use.
- Pour about a quarter cup of the batter onto the warm pan, swirling it around to create a flat circle. Let it cook for close to 2 minutes (depending on the heat, it could be 1 minute), when it’s brown at the edges and there are bubbles.
- Flip your crepe over with a spatula and cook for about 40 seconds on the other side.
- Your crepe is ready! Continue doing this until you’ve finished the batter, adding the coconut oil and then batter once the oil is melted and warm.
- Enjoy the crepes as they are, or add the fillings if you like.
We’re approaching colder months, and I see many more morning spent whipping up some of these goodies. Hope you get to indulge in some as well!
Thanks for reading!
And all that sweet stuff, B