I dunno about you, but the smell of fresh bread weakens my knees!
What better place to get mushy knees than in your own kitchen? Heehee.
I decided to put it to the test, and make my own bread rolls, to go with some of my (amazeballs) coco-butternut soup.
Herewith the recipe 🙂
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 sachet of instant yeast
2 tbsp melted butter (cooled)
3/4 cup warm water
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Mix dry ingredients together
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. This should make a soft dough, knead it lightly for about 5 minutes until it makes a stiff dough
4. Put the dough in an oiled bowl, cover it with cling wrap and keep it in a warm place until it has DOUBLED in size
5. Grease the dish you’ll be using (can use a muffin tray if you don’t want to pull the bread apart)
6. Punch down the dough and divide it into small balls (about 12) and place each of them in the dish.
7. Leave it to rise in a warm place until the dough has risen by about a centimeter or two
8. Place in your oven to bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown.
And there ya have it.
Easy, delicious pull-apart bread rolls!